Cognitive Dissonance

My brain is lying to me and getting away with it!

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Technologically speaking, I am very happy to be alive in this day and age. Amazing things are here and more are coming!

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Edwards blew it, IMHO

Even though I went in with and left with the knowledge that I will vote for Kerry this November. This debate really gave me pause. I think Edwars blew it big time. From not answering the questions put to him to the constant messing up on the "don't say the presidential candidates name" question. He seemed alot more fake to me than Cheney did!

When he started the story about his father in font of the TV in the "living room" learning to read. It seemed like he was trying to remember the BS he made up to be "touching." Then he ended it as I remember at the Kitchen table. So which was it? Was he in the living room or at the kitchen table? Since this is so long ago and TV's were HUGE back then it must have been the living room. Still the whole story that was meant to show how in touch he is cause of where he's from felt more terribly fake and pandering to me.

MNot to even mention the fact that he gave that "heart felt" respect to Cheney for his gay daughter. To me that seemed much more of a "Cheney has a GAY Daughter" yell for all the people who vote purely on religious beliefs. In case they hadn't heard before now. i think Cheneys response of not responding spoke volumes and he earned alittle points in my book.

I watched this on CNN. What really pissed me off was how Edwards didn't respond to Cheneys assertion that he missed a very large number of votes in the possition he currently holds as senator. How his hometome paper labled him "Senator Gone" if I remember right. How he basically said "well you did it to" when Cheney brought up the fact, is it a fact???, that Edwards Loopholed his way out of paying 600,000 in Medicare taxes. To add to my annoyancewhen Mary beth Cahil was asked pointed questions about the missed votes and the 600 Grand she was all slogans and BS! Do these people hear the question asked? Is the answer so damning they need to pretend that they were asked something else?

As for the republicans, I hate them as much. They instantly started with a line about how the democrats brought in "the best" trial attorney and it still did them no good. What BS. That's the problem with both sides to much MTV sound bites and so much SPIN of everything that if you didn't see the event in full you would believe it happened like they show it on the Daily Show or Fox News Channel. At least the Daily Show says it's Fake News though.

So, regardless of the spin that's happening now. From both sides. Cheney won this debate, hands down and this is comming from someone who loathes Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, ect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles Gross said...

Yep. Good to see I'm not the only one who saw it that way. Cause that what it was.

Even though the spin machine and "factcheck"ers now show that Cheney was lieing, alot. Edwards still lost because he never refuted it. I mean Edwards could have said "I met you at the pray luch and blah blah" instead he seemed to think that he didn't meet him. How hard can it be to remember meeting the Vice President?

Blah blah blah. Thanks for stopping by.

October 7, 2004 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Charles Gross said...

Spin Spin Spin. Although I am Liberal I am starting to see the major faults of both sides. At this point I am not so much voting for Kerry as against Bush.

We'll see after the next debate if I can go back to being for Kerry. I mean I wouldn't throw my vote away on Ralph.

October 8, 2004 at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home