Cognitive Dissonance

My brain is lying to me and getting away with it!

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Technologically speaking, I am very happy to be alive in this day and age. Amazing things are here and more are coming!

Friday, October 01, 2004

First Blog day weigh in

Ok, so I went to the gym. I did Shoulders using three machines to hit the Front, Middle and Rear delts. I did three sets of each exercise with kind of low weight (50-80). I then did some sholder shrugs with 60 poud dumbells. I squeezed out a sad 10 and almost couldn't place them back on the top rack. Sad.

I hate using weights around other people as I always feel like I am being judged based on how much weight I am using. Which is why I always like to lift first thing in the morning, 7am, so there is like just 2 other people around at all and they're so sleepy they can't be bothered to judge me. They however use really light weight for their size, pathetic really.

Well the name is weigh in and It's about time I get to that. I know weigh 241 pound with 38% Body Fat. So I have gained back some weight but am still the same fat. I will take this as an indication that the weight training is working and I have gain some lean mass.

Since beginning with the weigh in on Sunday I have done a complete body workout, Tricepts on Monday, Shoulders on Tuesday, Bicepts on Wednesday, Chest on Thursday and Shoulders again today. Why shoulders again? Because they are the only part that isn't killing me at the moment. And that's after sleeping in and missing the morning workout.

I always do the elliptical machines at the night time session and have been for the last 5 years. So I know first hand that those machines will not make you lose weight unless you stop eating a lot. Seriously I have steadily gained since meeting my wife and got really fat (not humungus) with her help. Still it's my fault and not hers although she did beg me for 5 minutes to come home with her and not go to the gym because it's Friday. Still I know that if I did then it would still be my fault and not hers so I said NO in about 20 different ways and said goodbye like 7-10 times before she gave up. Still I have the thoughts of "What if something terrible happens to her on the way home" to deal with. It's just another excuse though and I am determined to break all the excuses that come up on why I shouldn't be dieting and why I should just go home and relax.

I will write down all the things my brain throws at me to hopefully show that No one is unique when it comes to why they can't work out or eat right. Taking responsibility is the only way you, or I, will lose weight and get in the best shape we can be.

Ramble... Ramble. Pictures to follow. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home